Saturday, November 4, 2017

Warrior - Like A Boss


I want to share this picture with you.  I want to share it because, as it turns out, it's one of my life's most powerful moments.

I spent the weekend at an EnjoyMEnt retreat with roughly 55 other like-minded, magnificent women.  (side note: there was not one single moment of judgement here- EVER- and I wish all women could know this kind of solidarity)  There was a theme night: Warrior Women, and it gave me anxiety from the second the email in came in before the retreat.  First of all, I was no warrior.  Second of all, I don't "dress up".  But the thing is, I wanted to be all in this weekend.  Both feet in the fire, all me, all day long.  No hiding.  So...for hours (literally), I sat and made this head peice. I painted, I glued.  I innovated.  Painted panther faced, pink feathered mowhawked, warrior feathered fear... And and handful of bravery to put it on - like a God dammned Boss.

With my yoga pants, and my silver feather necklaces, I wore it.  No.  I embodied it.  I painted my face, and opened up my soul.  And I laughed.  And I sang.  And I danced.  And I remembered.  I remembered every single time I was afraid to let myself just be.  I remembered hiding myself away, and turning myself inside out for people around me.  I remember shifting away from this glorious human who laughed and sang and danced... and lived with reckless abandon.  I remembered being brave.  I remembered the years of battle just to allow myself to be this human I loved.   I remembered this girl.  This woman.  This warrior. 

This is who I am, and this is one of the most powerful moments of my movement forward.  I am so proud of this warrior.  I may love a lot of things, and a lot of people, but my gratitude is in loving myself the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment